Friday, September 09, 2005

WHY STRAINED MUSCLES GROW STRONGER




If they wanted to knock us down, make us feel every nerve-ending, deflate our hopes, and slap our sense of reality in the face, they've done it. I feel vulnerable, somewhat lonely, and overwhelmingly frustrated. I'm over the freedom. Time compounds my simmering anger and doubts. And I'm tired of no one in my life really understanding how this feels (non-CBC friends, family, etc.). People don't get it. And I didn't either until that padlock was chucked at my temple, knocking me to my knees.

But the dark fuels the light. I've never felt more professionally and intimately connected with my colleagues. I carry my union card with more pride than ever. And the more I doubt the quality of what we've been doing at the CBC, the more determined I am to get back and prove that solid ideas and rigorous work is only limited by fearful managers and lingering meetings.

There is more muscle, creativity and strength between us than ever before.

Watch out.

To that point, an interesting study (pdf) on how the 2001 lockout at the Winnipeg Symphony deflated staff morale, but strongly empowered unity and unions.

Daily Debits: $4.50 Took the bus back and forth today. $4.38 Slice of pizza. $6.22 Movie rental for the week. Bank Balance: $975.87

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I can tell you have no debt (!?) so I would not worry too much. Your lack of creditors (other than the landlord) means you have a long way to go before you're homeless...

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my fourth time on the street. Third under Bobby. Keep putting in your hours. Using your creativity, it's amazing how far your lock-out pay will go.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your moneychangeseverything.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home